1.7.0 - 2011-07-06
genesis_human_time_diff() to use on relative post dates, as a replacement for poor WP function.
- Add version number to
admin.js to bust cache when updating Genesis.
- Add database version string to theme info stored in the database.
- Add private function to update database settings more easily.
- Add ability to return array values from database via
- Add structural wrap fallback for child themes that do not load
- Add structural wrap support for sidebars.
- Add new layout images and visual selector feature.
- Add link to support forums on Theme Settings page.
.bypostauthor classes (empty) to meet Theme Review guidelines.
- Add updated
.pot file, now with 385 strings in total.
- Add class and method-level documentation for widget classes.
- Improve settings page user interface to match new user interface for WordPress 3.2.
- Improve settings pages to be a single column.
- Improve organization of settings by combining some settings into other meta boxes, removing other meta boxes and conditionally hiding some depending on theme support for features.
- Improve user interface on User Profile page by amending widths of input and textarea fields.
- Improve wording on all admin pages to be clearer.
- Improve wording in notices, and to use WordPress wording where possible.
- Improve naming of layout choices.
- Improve capability check for Genesis pages by changing from
- Improve old hook functions by formally deprecating them.
- Improve init to use WordPress function
require_if_theme_supports() instead of using Genesis conditional.
- Improve widget organization and registration.
- Improve breadcrumbs to remove entry crumbs – allows Home crumb and separator to be remove, for instance.
- Improve README to be formatted for viewing inside WP Dashboard.
- Improve code standards by correcting whitespace and formatting issues in CSS.
- Improve code standards by correcting some whitespace issues in PHP.
- Improve styles for:
- menus (including superfish)
- headings (all levels)
- ordered lists
- list items
- taxonomy descriptions
- post icons
- featured images
- post navigation
- Remove “NOTE:” prefix for settings descriptions.
- Remove Header Right theme setting – sidebar now always registered but only shown if it contains a widget.
strip_tags() call on page title in breadcrumbs.
- Remove existing meta box order settings from the database.
lib/functions/hooks.php file as all contents have been moved to
- Fix issue with menu separator having a class.
- Fix issues with post info and post meta not showing up on custom pages.
- Fix issue with feed redirection being too inclusive and breaking other plugins.
- Fix breadcrumb issue which stopped breadcrumbs from being turned off on blog pages for sites with a static front page.
- Fix Genesis to use
genesis_formatting_allowedtags() instead of the global
- Fix load superfish script if custom menu widget is active.
- Fix Nav Extra posts feed to use RSS2 instead of RSS.
- Fix issue with toggle checkboxes in page / category widget checklist.
- Fix wording in latest tweets, categories menu, pages menu and user profile widgets to be translatable.
- Fix “Theme URL” to be “Theme URI”.
- Security Audit by Mark Jaquith.
- Fix wrong escaping on comment permalink.
- Improve performance and security by sanitizing widget option values on save, instead of on display.
- Add a capability check before displaying Header and Footer scripts meta box.
- Add complete new settings sanitization class and API, aimed at core, extendable to child themes.