1.9.0 - 2013-01-07
.entry class to all content, in preparation for the potential absence of
.hentry in a HTML5-flavoured Genesis that prefers Microdata over Microformats.
- Add filter for term meta defaults.
- Add comment header wrapping div.
- Add ability to disable the loading of all breadcrumb features.
archive-title class to archive titles.
- Add fallback parameter to
- Add a What's New page.
- Add front page and posts page breadcrumb settings.
- Add search result page title.
- Add menu highlight class.
- Add link to download Genesis for Beginners to readme.
- Add support for
rel="author" link tag, allowing author highlighting on Google result pages.
genesis_site_layout() by allowing cache to be bypassed.
- Improve custom field saving function.
- Improve how Genesis / child theme style sheet is referenced, by enqueueing it.
- Improve post title output, adding a filter to decide if it should be linked to the single post on archive pages (default is true, as currently).
- Improve user meta fields integration by limiting to admin back-end only.
- Improve method to check to see if Scribe is installed.
- Improve breadcrumb class for PHP 5.
- Improve comment template by only loading it when needed.
- Improve wording on SEO Settings page, including Scribe marketing notice.
- Improve theme settings page by hiding update options when automatic updates are programatically disabled.
- Improve organization of CSS.
- Improve overall base design:
- Increased maximum width, 1152px.
- Different font.
- Default styles for HTML5 elements.
- Fluid-width columns.
- Use of rem units with pixel fallback.
- Improve usage of proper defaults in eNews widget.
- Improve License description by changing from "GPL v2.0 (or later)" to "GPL-2.0+" as per SPDX open source license registry.
- Improve default document title separator from being a hyphen-minus character to an em-dash.
i18n.php and moved textdomain load to
- Remove legacy customer header code.
- Remove on / off setting for primary and secondary menus in favour of theme nav menu locations to determine visibility.
- Remove settings for eNews widget (consider it deprecated).
- Remove settings for Latest Tweets widget (consider it deprecated).
- Fix call to
genesis_site_layout() resetting the query.
- Fix the custom header body class conditional for WP 3.4.
- Fix warnings when saving posts.
- Fix footer scripts setting having incorrect ID.
- Fix extra quote in Author Box setting markup.
- Fix empty post image link, when there is no post image.
- Fix empty featured post / page widget image link, when there is no image to display.
- Fix use of path constants in post-templates to use functions instead.
- Fix comments template loading on custom post type single posts, if it supports comments.
- Fix post class field not saving.
- Fix inconsistency with comments and trackback edit links.
- Fix robots meta tag help links to point to articles by Yoast.
- Fix dropdown size issue in widget forms.
- Fix trackback URL output showing when post type does not support trackbacks.
- Fix post meta section showing for pages in search results page.
- Fix grid loop problems.
- Fix spacing between bottom buttons on settings pages.
- Improve sanitization on some settings inputs.
- Improve search form security by escaping input and button text outside of filter – you should remove any
esc_attr() calls in functions that filter these strings and just return plain text.
- Add a new sanitization filter,
- Add escaping to names and dimensions of image sizes used in image size dropdowns.